Heartburn occurs when stomach acid backs up into your esophagus. Normally, when you swallow, a band of muscle around the bottom of your esophagus (your lower esophageal sphincter) relaxes to allow food and liquid to flow down into your stomach. Then the muscle tightens and contracts again. If your lower esophageal sphincter relaxes or weakens, stomach acid can flow back up into your esophagus - causing heartburn.
Heartburn is a common condition that affects millions of people. A number of things can cause heartburn, like stress, spicy foods, acidic foods and beverages, over-eating, and foods with a high fat content.
Gaviscon® antacids are doctor-recommended and can keep stomach acid down for up to four hours.
*WHEN USED AS DIRECTED.
- Sour Stomach
- Acid Indigestion
- Upset stomach associated with these symptoms
- Do not swallow tablets whole.
- Chew 2-4 tablets after meals and at bedtime as needed (up to 4x a day), or as directed by a doctor. For best results follow by a half glass of water or other liquid.
- Do not take more than 16 tablets in 24 hours.
ASK A DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST BEFORE USE IF YOU ARE
- Presently taking a prescription drug.
- If you are on a sodium-restricted diet.
- Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs.
- Do not use for peptic ulcers.
WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT:
- Do not use the maximum dosage for more than 2 weeks except under the advice and supervision of a doctor.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Chewable tablets that provide fast, extra strong and long-lasting relief from acid reflux and heartburn, day or night.
Active Ingredient (in each tablet): Aluminum hydroxide 160mg. Magnesium carbonate 105mg
Inactive ingredients: Acesulfame k, alginic acid, artificial flavor, calcium stearate, corn starch, corn syrup solids, mannitol, sodium bicarbonate, stearic acid, sucrose.
Other Information: Each tablet contains: magnesium 35mg, sodium 20mg. Store at up to 25°C (77°F) in a dry place