Natural Factors Pycnogenol is made from the highest quality French maritime pine bark harvested from natural forests with no pesticides and no herbicides. Pycnogenol is one of the most potent natural antioxidants. Additionally, it is anti-inflammatory, increases nitric oxide levels, and supports collagen and hyaluronic acid production. Pycnogenol can help reduce symptoms of perimenopause and knee osteoarthritis and address age-associated inflammation and free radical damage.
Uses & Benefits
- Fights the free radical damage that leads to premature aging
- Helps reduce symptoms of perimenopause
- Helps provide relief for symptoms of knee osteoarthritis
- Helps support cognitive health in older individuals
- Strengthens capillaries and blood vessel walls
|Each vegetarian capsule contains:
| French maritime pine bark extract (Pinus pinaster) (bark) (65–75% procyanidins)
| Providing minimum procyanidins
Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
- Pycnogenol French maritime pine bark extract is extracted from the bark of pine trees (Pinus pinaster) grown exclusively in Les Landes de Gascogne forest in southwest France near the famous Bordeaux region.
- The forest is an unspoiled and natural plantation with no pesticides and no herbicides.
- May help provide relief for symptoms of osteoarthritis of the knee, including pain and stiffness.
- Helps reduce blood C-reactive protein, a clinical marker of inflammation.
- Helps reduce (climacteric) symptoms associated with perimenopause, including hot flushes, restlessness (difficulty falling asleep), and poor mental concentration and focus.
- Helps support cognitive health in an aging population (>60 years of age).
- Provides antioxidants.
Recommended adult dose:
Antioxidant, osteoarthritis, C-reactive protein: 1 capsule daily with food or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Climacteric (perimenopause): 1 capsule 2 times daily with food or as directed by a health care practitioner.
All uses: Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 3 months.
Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking any prescription medication. Consult your health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. Hypersensitivity (e.g., allergy) has been known to occur, in which case discontinue use. Keep out of the reach of children..
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
As we age, inflammation and free radicals cause increasing damage, threatening the health of delicate tissues. Natural Factors Pycnogenol® is a natural plant extract derived from French maritime pine bark (Pinus pinaster) that strengthens cell membranes.
Pycnogenol helps restore the integrity of tissues, improving skin elasticity and smoothness while supporting the health of blood vessels, lung tissue, and intestinal membranes. Pycnogenol is one of the most potent scavengers of free radicals. It acts as a natural anti-inflammatory, helps generate collagen and hyaluronic acid to repair membranes, and aids in the production of endothelial nitric oxide, which helps dilate blood vessels. Pycnogenol is increasingly recognized as beneficial for improving symptoms of perimenopause, when the body’s natural antioxidant defences, collagen, and hyaluronic acid production begin to decline.
The patented extract is sourced, using no pesticides or herbicides, from the bark of pine trees grown exclusively in southwest France. The concentrated formula is extracted using a chemical-free process that guarantees the potency and purity of Pycnogenol’s active compounds, offering standardized amounts of procyanidins and bioflavonoids. Pycnogenol has been extensively clinically tested and found to be effective. The antioxidant power of Pycnogenol is 20 times greater than vitamin C and 50 times greater than vitamin E.